What a combo, huh? It’s my turn to get lucky and answer some questions! I figure my writer friends were saving the best for last, because the Lucky 7s meme has been going around for a while. There’s also an Eleven Questions meme. I thought I was going to get out of it – then I got tagged three times, by Prudence MacLeod, Coleen Patrick, and Lynette Burrows. So, I’m going to mix up the questions, and answer a few from each. Also, that lets me avoid the questions that pose some horrible future where I’m only allowed to have one series, or three books – the horrors!
So here are the rules:
- You must post the rules.
- Answer the questions on your blog. Create eleven new questions to ask the people you’ve tagged.
- Tag eleven people and link to them.
- Let them know you’ve tagged them.
And here are my answers!
- What is the greatest thing you’ve found under your sofa cushions?
Cleaning the couch cushions is always an adventure around here. One time we found Jimmy Hoffa – no, wait, that was under the couch. But the cushions hid all kinds of good stuff, like money (mostly quarters), two-year-old Cheetos, about five pounds of dog hair, and the occasional Nintendo Gameboy or DS game cartridge. So yeah, that last one.
- What TV show character do you hate and why?
I think this one’s pretty universal among writers, especially those of us who’ve worked on our craft for over a decade (or more!), been rejected dozens if not hundreds of times, and have never been offered any book deal – and Snooki gets a huuuge deal, for that???
- What song is stuck in your head right now?
“Emerald Lies” by Marrillion – been there for the past week. Good thing it’s a good song, but I’m getting tired of it. 🙂
- What did you eat for breakfast this morning?
The usual – a banana, and a granola bar.
- What was the worst job you’ve ever had and why?When I was in high school, I had a summer job assembling little electrical parts for satellite TV receivers. Talk about a struggle to stay awake! But it was regular, steady hours and sure beat working fast food, so I was thankful to have it.
- You wake up in a strange room with a stranger in bed beside you, what’s the first thing you say?
WTF??? (Or scream, depending on how scary the person looks)
- Ballet or pro wrestling?
I’ve gone to the ballet and really enjoyed it, but I love WWE! Lying, cheating, and scheming, all laced with comedy, and men in tight pants! What’s not to like?
If you could go back in time for one day, what time would you revisit and why?
I’m assuming you jump in time, not space (which is how it works in my books), so if I was at work, that would put me just outside of Dayton, Ohio, at the world’s oldest air base. I would jump back to October 5, 1905, walk down the road a little ways, and watch Orville and Wilbur Wright prove that powered flight can be practical by flying their Wright Flyer III in circles for over a half hour. Awesome!
- If you could tweet a warning or encouragement to one person in history, what would you tweet to whom and why?
@WilburWright: Don’t drink the water! (He died of typhoid at age 42.)
- Tell us about one thing on your bucket list.
Hot air balloon ride!
- If you could tweet to your 13 old self, what would you say?
@JennetteAge13: Get OVER him! He’s boring! You deserve so much better! 😀
Grabbing Violet under her arms, he dragged her to the head of the bed, beneath the window, then hefted her from behind to shove her through the opening.
He got her shoulders almost up to the window when a coughing spasm overtook him. She started to slide from his grasp. It was only a few feet to the window, but would Violet fit?
Hell with it. Adrenaline buzzing through his body, he hooked one arm around her belly.
Now I get to tag people… bwa-ha-ha! You can answer my 11 questions above (I’m too lazy to make up new ones), post your 7 lines from page 77, or both! I’m also too lazy to tag 11 people, so here are seven. If you don’t have time, no problem. 🙂 But I’d love to see what these talented writers are cooking up!