I’ve done a lot of walking the past few days. Friday night, my husband, daughter and I walked the 5k of the USAF Marathon. Yesterday, I took my daughter on a campus visit of nearby Miami University of Ohio, my alma matter, and anyone who’s gone there knows that a lot of walking is a way of life. It was a good visit, and I had fun traipsing down Memory Lane while she looked forward to the future.
Today, I’m doing a little more of looking back over the past week for my ROW80 update, which is itself going, going… as next week is the end of the challenge.
This week didn’t go too badly. Here’s what I accomplished:
- Read Lesson 12 of How to Think Sideways – Done!
- Short story – collect/write front and back matter for standalone release, start working on cover – Done!
- Get It Together exercise 9 & 10 – No
- Three interval workouts and two shorter workouts – I technically didn’t do one interval and one short workout, but I’m totally counting the 5k and Saturday’s walking, so – Done!
- Format a friend’s book for print if she gets me what I need – Didn’t get the material from her
Here are my goals for the quarter overall:
- Work through Lesson 18 of How to Think Sideways – done through Lesson 12.
- Complete Saturn Society short story – ready to submit to anthology. Done!
- Release Times Two (combined ebook of Time’s Enemy and Time’s Fugitive) – waiting until I get other projects done
- Complete Get It Together exercises and data gathering – completed sections 3 – 8.
- Three interval workouts and two shorter workouts per week – ongoing
- BONUS: Release Hangar 18: Legacy – Needs revision based on beta reads – waiting until I get other projects done
- BONUS: Plot out and begin writing first book in new series
- Read Lesson 13 of How to Think Sideways
- Short story – edits based on final beta reader’s feedback, and cover design for standalone version
- Get It Together exercises 9 & 10
- Three interval workouts and two shorter workouts
- Format a friend’s book for print if she gets me what I need
How are you doing, whether or not you’re doing ROW80? Are you on track for your overall goals?