The week started out well. I got a bit done on my short story revision each evening, saving the last–and longest–scene for Saturday. I also put off some of the other tasks until Saturday.
Of course, plans change. I’d planned to spend the afternoon with my mom, but forgot to take that into consideration when setting the week’s goals. And then we ended up spending the evening with friends, which I hadn’t planned for, sooooo…..
Anyway. Here’s what I did this week:
- Read Lesson 12 of How to Think Sideways – no
- Short story – revisions, first pass – almost! But not quite. Edit: finished around 12:30 this AM
- Request beta reads for short story – partial – requested one.
- Get It Together exercise 9 & 10 – no
- Three interval workouts and two shorter workouts – ugh. No on this one, too. Just two intervals.
- Format a friend’s book for print if she gets me what I need – didn’t get the back cover text so this goes over to next week.
- Critique a chapter for another writing friend – Done!
- Prepare another friend’s business cards for printer – Done!
Here are my goals for the quarter overall:
- Work through Lesson 18 of How to Think Sideways – done through Lesson 10.
- Complete Saturn Society short story – revision almost complete
- Release Times Two (combined ebook of Time’s Enemy and Time’s Fugitive) – waiting until I get other projects done
- Complete Get It Together exercises and data gathering – completed sections 3 – 8.
- Three interval workouts and two shorter workouts per week – ongoing
- BONUS: Release Hangar 18: Legacy – Needs revision based on beta reads – waiting until I get other projects done
- BONUS: Plot out and begin writing first book in new series
- Read Lesson 12 of How to Think Sideways (Lesson 11 is how to prepare a submission for traditional publishers – been there, done that, and I’m done with that, so I’m skipping it)
- Short story – complete revisions – first pass and second
- Request beta reads for short story
- Get It Together exercise 9 & 10
- Three interval workouts and two shorter workouts
- Format a friend’s book for print if she gets me what I need
How are you doing, whether or not you’re doing ROW80? How do you recover when something changes your plans?
Edit: I wrote this at about 10:30 PM last night. After my husband went to bed, I wasn’t sleepy, so I stayed up and completed my revision pass! So even if it was after midnight, I’m going to go back and mark that one as done!