Well, not really, as anyone who lives here will tell you. But it has been sunny all week, and that’s enough for me!
It’s sunny here on making the mundane magical, too, thanks to Debra Kristi, who last month awarded me the Sunshine Award! How cool is that? Thanks a bunch, Debra! And everyone else, if you haven’t been to Debra’s blog yet, you should check it out! Every week for Immortal Monday she gives us the lowdown on a different immortal character from mythology, movies, and/or books – I always learn something!
The rules for accepting the award are pretty simple:
- Include the award logo in the post.
- Link back and thank those that nominated me.
- Answer 10 random questions about myself and/or tell seven random facts.
- Nominate 10 other bloggers and link them to the award in their comments section.
- What’s one of your favorite books from childhood? Just one? Okay, I’ll go with the first one I can remember: “The Cold-Blooded Penguin.” I blogged about it a few months ago. While it did exist as a standalone book, my copy of my favorite story was part of an anthology called Stories from Other Lands.
- What are you reading right now? On the treadmill and netbook, I’m reading The Ruby Brooch by Katherine Logan. Print book by my bed: Heart Change, by Robin D. Owens.
- Which do you prefer, Facebook or Twitter? I’m on both, and really, it depends on what I’m doing. If I’m reading the news or blogs and want to share, Twitter. If I just want to skim and catch up with what friends are doing, Facebook.
- Favorite thing to do in your free time? Uh… well, it’s hard to come by these days, but somehow I usually manage to make some time for computer games, especially time management games (maybe I should take a hint from that in real life? LOL).
- Favorite season? Spring! Everything’s new, it’s just starting to get warm, but not too warm – usually! This year, we didn’t have much of a spring, it seemed – winter went right into summer. 🙁
- Favorite magazine? I used to read a bunch of them before I started writing. But now, only one, so I guess that’s it: Romance Writers Report, the official magazine of Romance Writers of America.
- What is your favorite animal? Gerbils! Especially when I hold mine and they purr. 🙂
- Favorite teacher (and why)? Miss Phillips, my French teacher freshman, sophomore, and junior year, and English teacher senior year. She had a great sense of humor, and let me write papers about Rush songs.
- What is your favorite number? 9. Always has been. I’m not sure why.
- Do you prefer reading short stories or novels? Novels. I love an involved plot and really getting to know the characters.
- Bonus: What is your favorite flower? Either Stargazer lily or gladiolas.
And this is the point where I break the rules. Most people I know who blog have already been nominated for this or similar recently, so anyone who wants to play along, consider yourself tagged. Otherwise, maybe you’d like to answer one or more of these questions in the comments? I’d love to hear from you!